DevOps Engineer Linux
This job offer is at our location at Magdeburg, Germany. This is NOT a remote job.
You are searching for a job opportunity in Germany? You're a highly skilled web developer with experience and the aim to work and live in Germany?
You want to develop great web applications with friendly team members? That's what we offer you. Working at our company is fun, interesting, challenging and never boring. Join our team as DevOps Engineer Linux in Germany!
We help small and medium-sized companies form Germany, Switzerland and Austria to use the power of digitalization. We are experts. We plan and build web excellent applications.
Your new job:
- Setup, support, monitoring and upgrades of Linux web servers of our major customers as well as optimization of performance
- Conception and implementation of new server solutions and development systems matching the web projects of our customers and the requirements of our developers
- Conception, setup and maintenance of deployment workflows from GitLab
- Maintenance of docker-based dev setups
- On-site support for developers
- Collaboration in DevOps projects
- Securing server systems through hardening as well as implementing intrusion detection and other measures related to IT security
- Setup, operation and maintenance of a web firewall (WAF) for a customer
- Administration of about 15-20 Ubuntu-based notebooks of the developer team
- Administration of various internal services based on open source products (Nextcloud, GitLab, Passwork, Wiki, LDAP, OPNsense Firewall, Ansible, Sentry, Jitsi Meet, Metabase, ..)
- Introduction and evaluation of new open source tools to improve quality as well as increase efficiency and automation of recurring work steps.
- You are working together with your teammates as a team
- a completed apprenticeship or a degree in the field of computer science with several years of professional experience
- Interest in open source solutions
- Very good knowledge of Linux (e.g. Ubuntu)
- Experience with PHP, Bash, ...
- You already have experience with ticket systems (for us GitLab)
- Technical understanding of systems like TYPO3 and WordPress (developer knowledge is not required)
- Independent and structured way of working
- High quality awareness and fast comprehension
- Your English skills are good.
- You spare no responsibility and enjoy new challenges
- help finding an apartment or flat
- help finding a kindergarden place for your children
- help to bring your whole family
- help to get a visa and work permit
- well paid long-term job
- flexible working hours
- powerful Lenovo Laptop for coding
- a challenging job with interesting projects
- individual qualification management
- work with modern tools and technology stack
- familiar atmosphere in a young and well-performing team
Did we attract your attention? Please send us your application including your CV and code samples by email. Please also tell us, when you could come to Germany and your salary expectation.